Friday, November 12, 2010

Michael Jackson's Breaking News


There's a hoopla surrounding Michael Jackson's new single (and album) apparently Sony or whoever thought it would be fun to either spread a rumor that it's been modified/enhanced using another singer's vocals or they actually did it.

Personally, as a Michael Jackson fan for more than half my life... I am not in favor of anything coming out AFTER his death. Anything he recorded in the past, he chose to not include in his previous albums because somehow he didn't feel it sounded right or it'll sell or some other reason that only he knows, but, it's happening now. A new album with previously recorded songs will be released and the question is - WOULD I BUY IT? SHOULD I BUY IT?

Honestly, I couldn't care less about this "ghost singer issue" I know MJ wouldn't like it anyway and for me that's not the issue because the bigger deal is that MJ wouldn't agree on anything he didn't hand pick for an album. He's a perfectionist and he's probably rolling over his grave with everything that's been going on since he passed away (e.g his kids being on Oprah (and everywhere), This Is It the movie etc)

BUT...

I will buy it. I will buy this album, because if I don't it'll be a feast for MJ haters to see that MJ is no longer selling, it's annoying to hear news about him and I can only imagine the headlines "MJ'S NEW ALBUM FLOP, KING OF POP FAILED" Argh! I can't stand pleasing those crapholes!!! So for the sake of Michael Jackson. I will buy it. I don't think this will change anything but that's my personal take on things. Whether we like it or not people will translate sales of anything Michael Jackson as an act of support (or lack of) for him and his career. So whatever it is. I'm gonna support it. It's still his voice anyway.

I just hope I can watch the Cirque du Soleil performance, you see THAT is a REAL act of RESPECT. Ta-ta!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best" -ME channeling the Icon Marilyn Monroe