Saturday, August 30, 2008

Twilight Book 1

Exhibit A: How can you not love that guy up there huh?! How? Read.

Hi,

Like promised this is a sort a comment-slash-sorta-review on the book "Twilight". Seriously I didn't know how big this book is till I went to MOA (Mall of Asia) and looked for it myself. I mean my goshness did we work our calves looking for an available copy of books 3-4! If you're looking and you can't find it go visit Fully Booked it costs 30+ pesos more there but what the heck you'll sure to find it.

I always say this, but if you've read the LOTR series or Coehlo, Grisham (O.A) books please don't expect the same literature from this series to be anywhere close to that of the first ones. This is not as cerebral. And you'll love it.

1-3 chapters into this book you might feel like you're just dragging your eyes into finishing every sentence but if you'll just give it a chance you'll actually enjoy it, so my first tip? Read on...

The main characters are Edward and Bella. Edward is a super natural being not to mention hot, beautiful, sexy oh-so-yummy vampire who falls inlove with the girl from Phoenix, Bella. The life of this book is in the romance. The lines are just mushy boardering to cheesy, but don't be surprised if you see yourself jumping up and down in your bed because you're probably enjoying it and surely imagining Edward saying these lines to you. I know I did. Haha! You're asking why this book sells like pancakes? Let's see, Let's?

Mushy lines + super fine descriptions of how Edward smiles to Bella + Bella being simple like most of us (making it easy for teenage girls to relate)= craziness!

Nice one ey!

If you're still on this first book and planning to get the rest of the batch, my second tip is, enjoy it first... Don't cheat jumping off pages thinking the sweetness is killing you already, read it, taste it. The rest may not give you as much of this as you want.

This book has a fatal side effect though. Just like tons of young ladies all around the world you may develop a huge crush on Edward Cullen, that's okay, because he is way up there in my crush-a-meter as o' the moment. (wow, high school term), just don't go licking the pages like my friend Pipou does. Ahaha!

I heard someone commenting that Twilight is "Sweet Valley High meets Anne Rice" and I say exactamente!!! I just love it... Love it, Love it, love the cover, love the story. Really!

2 comments:

pipou said...

hahaha kala ko you don't like it because you were so upset about Bella Pokpok...well true..kakakilig tlga! (may masabi lang hahaha!)

Leia said...

ha? Di kita kilala!? i-block nga tong pips! ahahah!!! i love you pips...

About Me

My photo
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best" -ME channeling the Icon Marilyn Monroe